Monday, Aug. 1, 2022, 7:00 PM
The WCF has been hosting a beauty pageant for decades. Our queens participate in several parades, including the Apple Blossom & Front Royal Christmas parades. The winner of the Miss Warren County Fair pageant also wins a college scholarship and goes on to compete at the Virginia Association of Fairs Convention pageant.
So if you’re ready for fun, pretty dresses and friendships that will last a lifetime, download your application below.
Director - Barbara Ballentine
C: (540) 671-1218, H: (540) 635-8208
Assistant Director - Lacey Ramey
C: (540) 622-3290
Assistant Director - Kim Needles
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- A $1000.00 scholarship will be awarded to the winner to be used towards the furthering of their education after conclusion of their reign. In addition, the winner will receive a $200.00 cash prize at the time of crowning, along with $300.00 towards Virginia Assoc. of Fairs preparation plus hotel accommodations while at the Virginia Assoc. of Fairs competition in January of 2023. Total prize is $1500.00.
- Contestant must be a resident of Warren County or the following adjacent counties: Frederick (including the City of Winchester), Clarke, Fauquier, Rappahannock, Page, and Shenandoah. . Proof of residence may be requested at any time.
- Contestant may never have been married or pregnant.
- Contestant must be between the ages of 16 and no older than 22 on August 1, 2022. Contestants must be at least 16 years of age by the time they compete in the Miss Warren County Fair Scholarship Pageant.
- Contestant must be female and always been female.
- Contestant must be of good moral character; never been convicted of a crime. Contestants should not have engaged in any activities that are characterized as dishonest, immoral, indecent, or in bad taste, either in person or on any form of social media.
- Only contestants sponsored by members in good standing with the Virginia Association of Fairs are eligible.
- Contestant will be judged using a point system based on poise, speaking ability and overall appearance. Speaking ability and poise will include ability to converse with others with proper diction and clarity of voice.
- Contestant will participate in an interview, fun fashion and evening gown. The Top 5 will answer a spontaneous question.
- Registration will be available starting June 27, 2022. An application, rules and regulations will be available via internet, available at the Warren County Fair Office, and from Directors. Applications can be mailed to P.O. Box 1555, Front Royal , Va. 22630, turned into the Fair Office, to Directors or paid on Warren County Fair website.
- A non-refundable registration/sponsor fee of $40.00 is required of each contestant. Sponsors may be parents, relatives, businesses, etc. The Deadline for registration is July 27, 2022. Entry fee shall be paid by cash, money order or check and made payable to Warren County Fair or through the Warren County Fair Website.
- Wednesday, July 27, 2022 at 6:30 p.m. practice will be held at the Warren County Fairgrounds in the stage area.
- The winner will reign over the 2022 Warren County Fair and must be available for participation in any events required by the Directors and Fair Association. The Winner is required to ride in the Apple Blossom parade, Festival of Leaves and the Front Royal Christmas Parade. The winner will also be required to attend additional functions designated by the Fair Association, participate with fundraisers and to crown the new 2023 Miss Warren County Fair.
- The winner is required to compete in the Miss Virginia Association of Fairs Scholarship Pageant in January 2023.
- In the event the first runner-up must reign as Miss Warren County Fair, she will be expected to crown the new queen in the 2023 Miss Warren County Fair Scholarship Pageant and perform the duties while holding the title.
- Winner can compete in the same division twice: however, it must be one year since passing the crown to compete and cannot have won the Miss Virginia Assoc. of Fairs title while competing at the state level. Participants may be required to verify that they have never had a previous title relinquished.
- Contestant will uphold moral standards of the Warren County Fair Association and at such time as said moral standards are breached, the titleholder will relinquish her title, crown, and banner and remaining unpaid scholarship. At that time, the First Runner up will take over the title.
- Poor Sportsmanship will not be tolerated.
- Miss Warren County Fair 2022 will be expected to sign and meet all guidelines outlined in the Warren County Fair Association Pageant Contract.
Practices: Warren County Fairgrounds Main Stage
Wednesday, July 27, 2022 at 6:30 p.m.