Monday, Aug. 1, 2022 6:00 PM
Director - Barbara Ballentine
C: (540) 671-1218, H: (540) 635-8208
Assistant Director - Lacey Ramey
C: (540) 622-3290
Assistant Director - Kim Needles
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Contestant must be a resident of Warren County or of the following adjacent counties: Frederick (including the City of Winchester), Clarke, Fauquier, Rappahannock, Page, and Shenandoah. Proof of residency may be requested at any time.
- Contestant may never have been married or pregnant.
- Contestant must be between the ages of 13 and no older than 15 by August 1, 2022.
- Contestant will compete in evening gown with an introduction of themselves. The Top 5 will answer a spontaneous question.
- Contestant must be of good moral character; never been convicted of a crime. Contestant should not have engaged in any activities that are characterized as dishonest, immoral, or indecent. The Junior Miss Warren County Fair Queen serves as an ambassador for the Fair.
- Contestant will be judged by a point system based on attire, poise, speaking ability and overall appearance. Speaking ability and poise will include ability to converse with others with proper diction and clarity of voice.
- Registration will be available starting June 27, 2022. An application, rules and regulations will be available via the Internet, available at the Warren County Fair Office, and from Directors. Applications can be mailed to Warren County Fair, P.O. Box 1555, Front Royal, VA 22630, turned into the Fair Office, to Directors or on the Warren County Fair Website.
- A non-refundable registration/sponsor fee of $40.00 is required of each contestant. Sponsors may be parents, relatives, businesses, etc. The Deadline for registration is July 27, 2022. Entry fee shall be paid by cash, money order or check and made payable to Warren County Fair or paid on the Warren County Fair website.
- Practice will be held at the Warren County Fairgrounds stage area. A representative (parent, guardian, family, friend, etc) must attend during time assigned for each age group. Each contestant must have a representative present to acquire stage format, time slots and any additional information. Rehearsal times are provided at time of registration.
- Junior Miss Warren County Fair is expected to be available for any events held during the Warren County Fair and will be required to attend other local events, parades, participate with fundraisers and to crown the new 2023 Junior Miss.
- One parent will be admitted free with each contestant. Others must pay admittance fee at the gate.
- Winner can compete in the same division twice: however, it must be one year since passing the crown to compete in the same division.
- Participants may be required to verify that they have never had a previous title relinquished.
- In the event the first runner-up is selected to reign as Junior Miss Warren County Fair, she will be expected to crown the new queen in 2023 and perform the duties while holding the title.
- Contestant will uphold moral standards of the Warren County Fair Association and at such times as said moral standards are breached; the titleholder will relinquish her title, crown and banner. At that time the First runner-up will take over the title.
- Poor Sportsmanship will not be tolerated.
Practices: Warren County Fairgrounds Main Stage
Wednesday, July 27, 2022 at 6:00 p.m.
Download your application here: