“EACH DRIVER AND MECHANICS HAVE AN OBLIGATION TO READ THE RULES FOR THEIR BEST INTEREST”.
RULES AND OBLIGATIONS
The Warren County Fair Motor Sports Demolition Derby is promoted as an unusual spectator attraction. In the interest of safety, Drivers and Mechanics are subject to, and must obey, the following rules and regulations which are set up by the promoter and the track where this event is being held:
A. Each driver must fill out an entry blank. All drivers must supply their own cars, only one entry per person per class. Proof of ownership may be required on each car entered.
B. All drivers and/or pit persons 16 or 17 years of age must have a notarized release signed by his or her parent or guardian. No one under 16 years of age can drive or be in the area.
C. The track or promoter reserves the right to approve or reject any and all entries.
D. All persons must sign the release sheet and receive a pit pass to be permitted in the pit area or on the track. Drivers only to receive free pit pass upon registration of a car on day of the show. All other pit passes are $10 each unless noted.
E. No drinking of alcoholic beverages on track, emergency vehicle area or in the pit area. Any driver or pit person under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be immediately disqualified and removed from the grounds.
F. Any driver or crew member disobeying the rules will cause his or her car to be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated and will be grounds for disqualification and barring from future derbies. Drivers are responsible for the actions of their crew members.
G. Contestants of the Warren County Fair Motor Sports Demolition Derby are not employees of Warren County Fair Motor Sports Demolition Derby. Warren County Fair Motor Sports Demolition Derby will not be responsible for any damage caused by driver’s negligence on the track or in the pit area. “Drivers and pit personnel are responsible for any damage caused by their negligence on the track or in the pit area”.
H. The Promoter, track owner or Fair Association will not be held responsible for any cars, parts or personal property before, during and after the show or overnight.
I. Car and Driver must sign in at registration desk at least one hour prior to show time or a $10.00 fine will be imposed for late arrivals.
Management of the Warren County Fair Demolition Derby
The rules and / or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official.
The race director will be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that is in his/her opinion does not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. No expressed or implied warranty of safety shall result from such alteration of specifications. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
1. You must have a full face helmet, DOT approved.
2. You must have a working seat belt.
3. You must wear long pants, no shorts.
4. Driver door must be painted WHITE.
1. You must make contact every 60 seconds. You must give not receive.
2. Do not hit the driver’s door. If you see white do not hit it.
3. Excessive smoking will be disqualified.
4. Sandbaggers will be disqualified.
5. Red Flags mean STOP, someone is hurt or there is a fire. PAY ATTENTION.
6. The last car to make a hit will be deemed the winner. Official’s decision is final.
PREPARATION OF CAR
1. Pre-derbied cars are acceptable as long as they are not re-enforced or welded.
2. You must have a Roof Sign with your number painted on it. Any number or word (nothing offensive) is allowed.
3. Absolutely no re-enforcing or welding is allowed anywhere on your car, unless otherwise noted below, no matter how small. STRICTLY ENFORCED! You WILL be sent home.
4. Engines, transmissions and rear ends must be the same make as the car, unless otherwise noted.
5. All glass must be removed, including windshield. Doors must be clean and free of glass.
6. Remove all lights and molding or anything that can be knocked loose onto the track.
7. Fuel tank must be moved inside of the car, forward of the rear wheels and behind the front seat. Fuel tank must be marine type of metal, six (6) gallon maximum. Fuel tank must be secure and deemed safe by the inspectors. You must cover the fuel tank. Stock tank may be used if it is located as noted above.
8. One battery only. Battery must be moved to passenger side front floor and must be covered with a rubber mat.
9. All anti-freeze must be removed, water only in radiator.
10. Rear differential may be locked or welded for posi-traction. Rear end may be from a different manufacturer as long as it bolts directly in, has not been modified in any way and trailing arms must
remain original to the vehicle. (Ex: GM rear end bolts in directly to Ford)
11. All doors must be chained or wired shut. Driver’s door (only) may be additionally welded with a maximum 12 inches on each seam (fender, backside and bottom). You may install 1 pipe, (maximum 3 inch pipe or tube) behind the driver seat from pillar to pillar for safety reasons only. Maximum 6 inch square plates at each end, this may be welded in.
12. Hood and trunk must be opened for inspection.
13. Hood and trunk may be chained or wired shut in four places only after inspection. Wire must be #9 gauge maximum, two (2) strands per hole. Hood and trunk may be wired or chained around through bumpers in two (2) of these holes.
14. Motor mounts and transmission mounts may be wired, chained or welded.
15. Any air filled D.O.T. approved tires only.
16. Any car bumpers may be used. Bumpers may be chained, wired or bolted on. NO WELDING, STRICTLY ENFORCED!
17. Fender wells may be cut or rolled for clearance.
18. Shifting linkage may be hooked up direct to the transmission. Shifter handle must be safe.
19. All transmission lines must be disconnected from the radiator to prevent oil spills. A transmission cooler may be installed under the hood or the lines must be looped.
20. Electrical system hot wires may be installed.
21. Air cleaner must be in place.
22. It is mandatory to have a hole cut, a minimum of a 20” diameter in hood over the carburetor. Hood latches must be removed.
23. Exhaust may be exited through the hood.
24. All body mounts must be original and cannot be repaired or altered in any way. If mounts are rusted out, officials will allow repair with wire of chain. Plan to wire or chain them AFTER official inspects you mounts.
25. The rear of the car may be bent up a maximum of 2 inches. There is no hammering, kinking or folding any part of the car such as quarter panels or roof posts. It will be the official’s decision if you have overdone it and you will be made to bend it back to original.
26. If your car has anything on it that did not come from the factor (distributor protectors, engine cradles, pulley protectors, rear end braces, etc) it must be removed unless noted in the rules.
27. Suspension must be stock, no added leaf springs. You may use one piece of chain no larger than 5/16”
diameter at each wheel area to set desired height.
28. Electric fuel pumps are permitted, but must have a shut-off switch within drivers reach.
29. Driver’s door reinforcement is recommended and may be on the inside or outside of the car. This is not to extend more than 10” in front of and 10” behind the driver’s door seams.
30. A 4-bar enclosure around the inside cab is recommended for safety (2 log bars, one behind seat, one across dash area, not to exceed forward of the firewall, one across each door). Gas tank protectors are permitted, extending from 4-bar enclosure, not beyond rear seat panel.
31. No cage bars will be permitted in any car beyond firewall or beyond rear axle.
32. Radiators must remain in original position of be taken off.
33. It is mandatory that a chain, strong wire or strap be secured from the center of roof to dash for a center post to stop hood from coming through front window.
Event will be separated into 2 classes, compacts (under 107” wheelbase) and full size (107” and above wheelbase).
Entry Fee: Everyone will pay fair admission at the gate, in addition to any registration of pit fees.
Demo entry fee: $50 (Includes driver and ONE pit person)
Additional Pit Passes may be purchased for $10 – NO ONE will be allowed in the pit area without a pit pass, including children.
No children under the age of 6 allowed in the pit area!
Inspection of all cars ends at 6:15 pm. If your car has not passed inspection by 6:00 pm, you will not be allowed to compete,
Mandatory Driver’s Meeting will begin at 6:40 pm.