Wednesday, Aug. 3, 2022, 7:00 pm
Back 'em Up and Hit 'em Again!
We will payout $1,000 to the Small Car Class and $1,000 to the Large Car Class winners!!
The Demolition Derby has become a community wide fun family event. Children and adults pack the backfield of the Fairgrounds to cheer for their favorite driver. The crowd's adrenaline is pumping as much as the drivers as we all watch the cars smash, bash, burst and blow! You never know who will make it out of each round or who will be the final hero of the night during the last round. This year will be Warren County Fair's biggest year yet!
Want to enter? Demo entry fee: $50 (Includes driver and ONE pit person) Don't miss the show!
You can be in the pits for a $10 pit pass.
It's time to get SMASHED!!!!
Purchase Tickets Online for this Event at:
"EACH DRIVER AND MECHANICS HAVE AN OBLIGATION TO READ THE RULES FOR THEIR BEST INTEREST”.
RULES AND OBLIGATIONS
The Warren County Fair Motor Sports Demolition Derby is promoted as an unusual spectator attraction. In the interest of safety, Drivers and Mechanics are subject to, and must obey, the following rules and regulations which are set up by the promoter and the track where this event is being held:
- Each driver must fill out an entry blank. All drivers must supply their own cars, only one entry per person per class. Proof of ownership may be required on each car entered.
- All drivers and/or pit persons 16 or 17 years of age must have a notarized release signed by his or her parent or guardian. No one under 16 years of age can drive or be in the area.
- The track or promoter reserves the right to approve or reject any and all entries.
- All persons must sign the release sheet and receive a pit pass to be permitted in the pit area or on the track. Drivers only to receive free pit pass upon registration of a car on day of the show. All other pit passes are $10 each unless noted.
- No drinking of alcoholic beverages on track, emergency vehicle area or in the pit area. Any driver or pit person under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be immediately disqualified and removed from the grounds.
- Any driver or crew member disobeying the rules will cause his or her car to be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated and will be grounds for disqualification and barring from future derbies. Drivers are responsible for the actions of their crew members.
- Contestants of the Warren County Fair Motor Sports Demolition Derby are not employees of Warren County Fair Motor Sports Demolition Derby. Warren County Fair Motor Sports Demolition Derby will not be responsible for any damage caused by driver’s negligence on the track or in the pit area. “Drivers and pit personnel are responsible for any damage caused by their negligence on the track or in the pit area”.
- The Promoter, track owner or Fair Association will not be held responsible for any cars, parts or personal property before, during and after the show or overnight.
- Car and Driver must sign in at registration desk at least one hour prior to show time or a $10.00 fine will be imposed for late arrivals.
Management of the Warren County Fair Demolition Derby
The rules and / or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official.
The race director will be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that is in his/her opinion does not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. No expressed or implied warranty of safety shall result from such alteration of specifications. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
- You must have a full face helmet, DOT approved.
- You must have a working seat belt.
- You must wear long pants, no shorts.
- You must make contact every 60 seconds. You must give not receive.
- Do not hit the driver’s door.
- Sandbaggers will be disqualified.
- Red Flags mean STOP, someone is hurt or there is a fire. PAY ATTENTION.
- The last car to make a hit will be deemed the winner. Official’s decision is final.
Wednesday Night Demo Derby Rules
4 & 6 Cylinder Compacts
- Ages 16+
- Any 4 or 6 cylinder cars.
- This is a basic stock class with a few modifications. Will be listed below in the rules. Anything extra will be cut.
- Bar, chain, or wire in windshield area for safety.
- All glass, plastic, and wheel weights must be removed prior to derby.
- Doors: You may weld doors in three spots on each seem, 3 inches long with 2 inch straps.
- Bumpers: You may use any auto bumper and or load them as well. Homemade bumpers are permitted no longer than 3 inches in diameter with nothing else welded to it. You may run support back into uni body for bumper support no further back than 1 foot. This will be checked.
- Gas tanks: may be moved to the rear seat area. Must be covered and all lines must be double clamped. You may leave tank under the car, if it is in the front of rear axle, it MUST have a metal skid plate. Must be durable steel or it will not pass.
- Cage: A 4+ point cage is recommended. Door bar not to exceed past rear of front doors, 6 inches.
- Body: No wedging, you may pre-bend the rear of the car to go up.
- Battery: Any size battery must be in front passenger floor board covered and secured. Helmets and safety glasses are a must.
- Roof sign is a must.
- You may wire and chain 6 spots on hood or you may weld a piece, no longer than 3x3x3 angle on the hood and fenders with a 3/8” bolt used to bolt the hood. No more than 6 bolts are allowed. On trunk, you may weld no more than 6 spots 2x3 plates.
- No engine cages. Must have a hole in trunk.
- You are allowed carburetor conversions. No cradles will be accepted on motors.
- You may lock your suspension in the front only by welding the shock or strut. Rear suspension must remain stock.
Wednesday Night Demo Derby Rules
Full Size Stock Cars
- Ages 16+
- Any full size car (except 64-66 Imperials)
- YOU ARE ONLY ALLOWED (4) 4x4, ¼” FIX A PLATE ON ANY REPAIR ON FRAME FOR RUST ON PRE RAN CARS,. THE PLATES CANNOT BE WELDED TOGETHER. THERE MUST BE A 2 INCH GAP BETWEEN PLATES. MUST BE ABLE TO BEND.
- Remove all glass and plastic from the car. Remove the wheel weights.
- Suspension must be stock. No cranking of torsion bars. If car is leaf spring, no flat stacking the leaf. You are allowed 2 clamps per side on leaf spring.
- No welding on frame of any sort. Frame must be stock. No conversion of any kind. No tipping, tilting, or cold bending of frame.
- Bumper: may be hard-nosed, you must remove bumper shock if hard nosing front and rear bumpers. Factory oem bumpers allowed and can be loaded.
- You may weld driver’s door solid only. Other doors may be welded with 2 x 3 plate two per vertical seam and you may plate your driver’s door no thicker than 3/16” and no further than 2 inches past the seam of driver’s door.
- You must wire or chain hood and trunk, up to 6 places. You are permitted to weld washers on the body.
- A 4+ point cage is recommended. No down bars. No fuel tank protectors. If your fuel cell has to be bolted to the frame you may suspend your fuel cell off the backseat bar.
- Any tire is allowed.
- You may swap out rear ends. No 3/4” or ton rear end. Only using a rear end with 5 lug bolt patterns. No bracing of the rear end of any sort. Must use stock. May use sliders and pinion brakes. You may also use a watts link conversion kit. No bracing of the bracket in any way.
- You are allowed a lower cradle. No pulley protectors or distributor protectors. Factory motor mounts must be used, may weld to frame.
- You may crease the body rear quarters. May not be folded to make trunk seams, must be in factory location.
- You may use any engine or transmission.
- Remove gas tanks to rear seat area. You must double clamps lines. Aftermarket fuel tanks are permitted. NO PLASTIC GAS TANKS.
- Transmission cooler may be used and must be secured.
- One battery only of any size. Place in front passenger floor board, secured. NO JUMPER BOX.
- A hole must be cut out of the hood for fire detection. You may run headers through the hood.
- Changing of body mounts or bolts is permitted but must have 1 inch space. Body mount bolts can be no longer than 5/8”. You cannot run body mounts all the way through the frame, 3 x 3 washers may be used inside on the body.
- This is a lan stock show with very little modification. If you asking to do something then more than likely you can’t.
- Roof sign is a must.
- Aftermarket parts allowed to use: gas pedals, shifters, fuel cells, steering wheels and columns, sliders, pinion brakes, and lower cradle.
- No spray foam any were in the frame.
- No exceptions on any of the rules.