Monday, August 5 & Wednesday, August 7, 2019
Back 'em Up and Hit 'em Again!
The Grand Prize winner of this year's Demolition Derby will win $1,500!!!
The Demolition Derby has become a community wide fun family event. Children and adults pack the backfield of the Fairgrounds to cheer for their favorite driver. The crowd's adrenaline is pumping as much as the drivers as we all watch the cars smash, bash, burst and blow! You never know who will make it out of each round or who will be the final hero of the night during the last round. This year will be Warren County Fair's biggest year yet!
Want to enter? Don't miss the show! You can be in the pits for a $10 pit pass.
It's time to get SMASHED!!!!
“EACH DRIVER AND MECHANICS HAVE AN OBLIGATION TO READ THE RULES FOR THEIR BEST INTEREST”.
RULES AND OBLIGATIONS
The Warren County Fair Motor Sports Demolition Derby is promoted as an unusual spectator attraction. In the interest of safety, Drivers and Mechanics are subject to, and must obey, the following rules and regulations which are set up by the promoter and the track where this event is being held:
- Each driver must fill out an entry blank. All drivers must supply their own cars, only one entry per person per class. Proof of ownership may be required on each car entered.
- All drivers and/or pit persons 16 or 17 years of age must have a notarized release signed by his or her parent or guardian. No one under 16 years of age can drive or be in the area.
- The track or promoter reserves the right to approve or reject any and all entries.
- All persons must sign the release sheet and receive a pit pass to be permitted in the pit area or on the track. Drivers only to receive free pit pass upon registration of a car on day of the show. All other pit passes are $10 each unless noted.
- No drinking of alcoholic beverages on track, emergency vehicle area or in the pit area. Any driver or pit person under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be immediately disqualified and removed from the grounds.
- Any driver or crew member disobeying the rules will cause his or her car to be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated and will be grounds for disqualification and barring from future derbies. Drivers are responsible for the actions of their crew members.
- Contestants of the Warren County Fair Motor Sports Demolition Derby are not employees of Warren County Fair Motor Sports Demolition Derby. Warren County Fair Motor Sports Demolition Derby will not be responsible for any damage caused by driver’s negligence on the track or in the pit area. “Drivers and pit personnel are responsible for any damage caused by their negligence on the track or in the pit area”.
- The Promoter, track owner or Fair Association will not be held responsible for any cars, parts or personal property before, during and after the show or overnight.
- Car and Driver must sign in at registration desk at least one hour prior to show time or a $10.00 fine will be imposed for late arrivals.
Management of the Warren County Fair Demolition Derby
The rules and / or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official.
The race director will be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that is in his/her opinion does not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. No expressed or implied warranty of safety shall result from such alteration of specifications. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
- You must have a full face helmet, DOT approved.
- You must have a working seat belt.
- You must wear long pants, no shorts.
- You must make contact every 60 seconds. You must give not receive.
- Do not hit the driver’s door.
- Sandbaggers will be disqualified.
- Red Flags mean STOP, someone is hurt or there is a fire. PAY ATTENTION.
- The last car to make a hit will be deemed the winner. Official’s decision is final.
PREPARATION OF CAR
- Pre-derbied cars are acceptable within reason of the Derby Committee as long as they are not re-enforced or welded.
- You must have a Roof Sign with your number painted on it. Any number or word (nothing offensive) is allowed.
- Absolutely no re-enforcing or welding is allowed anywhere on your car, unless otherwise noted below, no matter how small. STRICTLY ENFORCED! You WILL be sent home.
- All glass must be removed.
- Remove all lights and molding or anything that can be knocked loose onto the track. All plastic and metal trim must be removed.
- Fuel tank must be moved inside of the car, forward of the rear wheels and behind the front seat. Fuel tank must be marine type of plastic or metal, six (6) gallon maximum. Fuel tank must be secure and deemed safe by the inspectors. You must cover the fuel tank with a steel cover. Stock tank may be used if it is located as noted above.
- One battery only. Battery must be moved to passenger side front floor and must be covered with a rubber mat, box, Non Conductive, etc).
- All anti-freeze must be removed, water only in radiator.
- Rear needs to be factory equivalent and factory mounted.
- All doors must be chained or wired shut. Driver’s door (only) may be additionally welded with a maximum 12 inches on each seam (fender, backside and bottom). You may install 1 pipe, (maximum 3 inch pipe or tube) behind the driver seat from pillar to pillar for safety reasons only. Maximum 6 inch square plates at each end, this may be welded in.
- Hood and trunk must be opened for inspection.
- Hood and trunk may be chained or wired shut in four places only after inspection.
- Any air filled D.O.T. approved tires only.
- NO WELDING, STRICTLY ENFORCED!
- Fender wells may be cut or rolled for clearance.
- Shifting linkage may be hooked up direct to the transmission. Shifter handle must be safe.
- All transmission lines must be disconnected from the radiator to prevent oil spills. A transmission cooler may be installed under the hood or the lines must be looped. “Cooler cab mounted only”.
- It is mandatory to have a hole cut, a minimum of a 20” diameter in hood over the carburetor. Hood latches must be removed.
- Exhaust may be exited through the hood.
- All body mounts must be original. No altering of factory suspension.
- If your car has anything on it that did not come from the factor (distributor protectors, engine cradles, pulley protectors, rear end braces, etc) it must be removed unless noted in the rules.
- Suspension must be stock, no added leaf springs. You may use one piece of chain no larger than 5/16” diameter at each wheel area to set desired height.
- Electric fuel pumps are permitted, but must have a shut-off switch within drivers reach.
- It is mandatory that a heavy chain, strong wire or metal strap be secured from the center of roof to dash for a center post to stop hood from coming through front window.
- Inside of Cab
- Only Interior allowed is the Driver’s seat and the Dash.
- Internal caging is allowed for driver’s safety. Caging must stay in cab. Caging cannot go past the firewall or back seat.
- Cannot be plastic or composite. If your car has one of these bumpers it can be replaced with another car bumper only if it is bolted on and it can be no wider than the car. “Cut to fit”.
- It must be a car bumper and may not have reinforcement.
- Bumpers can be capped off only with the ends of the bumper, no additional metal.
- No welded bumpers and No sharp corners.
- OEM Type that came with that model car. No bracing. The rear Internals can be welded. No internals can be welded.
- Engine Bay
- No aftermarket or homemade engine cages.
- Motor mounts and transmission mounts can be welded and chained down. They cannot be hanging.
- Radiators must remain in or around original position.
- Only water in radiator.
- Must have a 20” Fire hole in hood.
- Hood must be drilled at 4 points to be wired or chained down (hinges do not count).
- Hood latches need to be removed
- Exhaust can exit through the hood.
- Body of Car
- Driver door can we welded shut and plated with flat bar no thicker than ½” and no wider than 10”. It may not extend beyond the door more than 10” either way. ?????
- No channel, guard rails, etc.
- All doors will be chained or wired shut
- Body can be cut and rolled for tire clearance.
- No tilting of the body.